Welcome To Saint Francis of Assisi Catholic School Good Samaritans
- Course: Good Samaritans
- Teacher: Libby Caplinger and Christine Williamson
- Room Number: Good Samaritans
Facility License #372005641
Total Capacity: 70. Facility serves children ages: 2 years through Kindergarten
GOOD SAMARITANS (3 YEAR OLD)
We provide a Christ-centered learning environment where the development of the whole child is our main focus. Each family is welcomed as they come in and encouraged to assist their child to feel comfortable before leaving. Through a combination of play-based, sensory, hands-on opportunities and structured activities, we concentrate on social, emotional and cognitive growth. Through the use of age appropriate materials the child’s small and large muscles are developed. We hope to instill a natural curiosity to learn.
We strive to let each child know they are a special child of God, loved and blessed by Him. Thematic curriculum, which is play-based, is planned by our caring and experienced staff. Children are encouraged to explore the world around them and experience the goodness of God. We have lessons on Character Development to teach the concepts of fairness, respect and love for each other. Our basic curriculum touches on all areas of:
- Religion: Daily prayers, learning to make the Sign of the Cross, Bible Stories, songs of praise, priestly visits and Holy days
- Science: Classroom pets, plants, bug-catching & releasing, all creation
- Language Arts/Phonics: Story-time, rhyming, introduction to the alphabet, beginning Sign-language, Critical thinking skills and a library area.
- Music/Movement: Children have opportunity to explore through free choice and planed activity
- Mathematics : Number Recognition 1-10, Rote counting and one-to-one correspondence, puzzles, manipulates
- Dramatic Play: develops life skills, problem solving and communication skills. Teachers convert this area into various themes such as Post Office, Doctors Office, Grocery, Florist, Pet, Restaurant, etc.
- Outside play: The Preschool Park has been our latest addition to the yard which provides a wonderful place to appreciate God’s nature while exploring with shovels, rakes, magnifying glasses, binoculars and lots of dirt! We have a large climbing structure safely mounted on foam tiles, bike and scooter trails, sand tables and much more.
About Our Teacher
Teacher's Name: Libby Caplinger and Christine Williamson
Libby Caplinger and Christine Williamson are the teachers for the Good Samaritan Class.
Libby Caplinger has been in education for twenty nine years and in St. Francis preschool for twenty years. Christine Williamson has been at St. Francis School for six years.
Together they provide Christ-centered learning environment where the development of the whole child is the main focus. Through a combination of play-based, sensory, hands-on opportunities and structured activities, we concentrate on spiritual, social, emotional and cognitive growth of the children.